Cancun is a gastronomic delight for foodies and anyone else who enjoys a delicious meal. Countless restaurants serving all types of cuisine can be found in the famed Hotel Zone and in downtown Cancun.
Large breakfast and brunch buffets are among the most popular meals in the Zona Hotelera, with prices ranging from MX$165 to MX$338 per person. Most local restaurants open for lunch around 2 pm and generally stay open until midnight.
Here you have 6 options of the best.
- La Habichuela Sunset.– La Habichuela Sunset and its sister property, La Habichuela, which is located in downtown Cancun, both serve fine Mayan, Mexican, Caribbean and international cuisine. Plus, its design is inspired by ancient Mayan architecture and the famous haciendas of Yucatan, and the gorgeous garden sits right by Nichupte Lagoon.
- Lorenzillos. The Riviera Maya is one of the best places in the world to sample lobster, and in Cancún, the most well-known destination for live lobster is Lorenzillo’s. This landmark restaurant has been Cancún’s lobster mothership for over 30 years; it even has a proprietary lobster farm.
- Hacienda Sisal. Styled after the haciendas of the Yucatan Peninsula, Hacienda Sisal is a favorite restaurant among Cancun travelers. In addition to authentic Mexican and Mayan cuisine, you can also choose from a variety of dishes you know and love like fajitas, burritos, and tacos.
- Crab House. This upscale seafood restaurant has a breathtaking location on Nichupte Lagoon in the Cancun Hotel Zone, offering amazing views of the water from its outdoor terrace. Crab House serves a variety of seafood, including lobster, several kinds of crab, calamari, shrimp, fish, and much more.
- Harry’s Prime Steak House and Raw Bar. Prime cuts of USDA beef, dry-aged beef and Kobe beef are served at this upscale, waterfront restaurant. Beef that is dry-aged has more flavor and is more tender than beef that has not undergone the dry-aging process. Kobe beef from Japan, Australia and USA is offered, as well as several Kosher steaks. Kobe beef hot dogs, burgers, sliders and even tacos are available for those that crave beef but are looking for something a little different.
- Irori. The best sushi in the city is available at this restaurant, tucked away off Avenida Tulum, not far from the bustling Plaza Las Americas shopping mall. This long-established Cancún favorite has an unpromising exterior, but inside this smart eatery, you’ll find an extensive menu featuring classics like sashimi and tempura.
It doesn’t matter what you choose to eat, Cancun has an incredible variety of options, and the best is that we can take you anywhere you wanna go, just call us or check out our website to reserve your transportation with the best ground transportation service of the Riviera Maya www.transfercancun-airport.com
If interested in different activities, it may interest you TOP 7 ATTRACTIONS IN THE RIVIERA MAYA